Event held by Architects for Health at The Kings Fund, London, on Thursday 28 April 2005.
Changing patterns of care, use of technology and improving access for patients are key factors in shaping how we organise healthcare for the future.
Speakers explored developments in patient flows, service and system reform and the impact on planning and designing buildings for care.
- Introduction to the topic: Susan Francis (Architectural Adviser to NHS Confederation and NHS Estates)
- Patient pathways and flows: Dr. Kanan Pande MBBS; MRCOG; MRCGP (Clinical Systems Engineer, N and E Yorks and N Lincs StHA)
- Design of Radiology Departments: the impact of changing practice: Lesley Wright (Associate Director – Diagnostics, the Modernisation Agency)
- Using technology to maximise care at home: Prof Jeremy Wyatt (NICE)
- Are there any safe bets for future investment?: Sylvia Wyatt (Project Manager, Future Healthcare Network, NHS Confederation)
- Open Discussion: Chaired by Susan Francis
- Close and thanks: Ann Noble (Chair, AfH)
Event Sponsor: NHS Estates