How can architectural design actively and passively positively influence HEALTH-PROMOTION; CARE-giving & SEEKING behaviour; and DISEASE-PREVENTION for a real site at Warwick Junction, in Durban in South Africa. The site provides an interesting setting to consider how – through architectural intervention – health-promoting, disease-preventing and care-seeking can be fostered through the three UIA 2014 Congress sub-themes of RESILIENCE, ECOLOGY, and VALUES.
- 16th February 2014: competition announced, registration opens
- 31st March 2014: registrations close
- 14th June 2014: projects submitted, competition closes
- 18th June 2014 adjudication starts
- July 2014: winner(s) acknowledged
- Aug 2014: UIA 2014 Congress Durban
The registration fee is R 500 (South African Rands) per competition project entry.
Presentation products: 1 x A1 Poster, A4 Text
Download UIA 2014 DURBAN UIA PHG COMPETITION BRIEF
The PRIZE, for one person, comprises:
- return economy flights from country of origin to Johannesburg, and transfer to Durban
- UIA conference fees
- UIA-PHG gala dinner entrance
- site visit to KRITH
The winner will be acknowledged at the UIA 2014 Congress and at the UIA-PHG gala dinner.
Subject to number of registrations and/or additional sponsorship, additional awards may be added. This will be posted on www.uia2014durban.org