The seminar Education: Opening the Debate was presented by Architects for Health following the AGM on 30 November 2006 at the new Libeskind Lecture Space at the London Metropolitan University.
With rare exception, healthcare facility planning and design is not taught in schools of architecture in the UK. This absence on the curricula has a direct effect on the perception that students, staff and the profession have of the skill base and competences which flow into practice.
- Professor George J Mann – AIA, is the Skaggs-Sprague Endowed Professor of Health Facilities Design at Texas A&M University, USA. He has published numerous articles, and research reports giving presentations of his findings on both national and international levels. Biography
- Professor Bas Molenaar – professor of architectural design & healthcare at Eindhoven Technology University, Netherlands. Biography
- Professor Ake Wiklund – professor of architectural design & healthcare at the School of Architecture at Chalmers University of Technology, in Gothenburg, Sweden. Biography
- Leo Care – Design tutor at the University of Sheffield. Biography
- Robin Nicholson – Senior member of Edward Cullinan Architects. Biography
Welcoming from London Metropolitan University
- Professor Graeme Evans – director of the Cities Institute, a multidisciplinary research institute working across sustainable urban environments and design, transport, housing and regeneration. Biography
Sponsored by Drager Medical